Love the combination of tart and sweet, moist and crunchy? This recipe is just for you. The perfect addition to a cup of coffee for Mom and my kids are devouring them! The bread itself is absolutely delicious – banana bread with a hint of tartness from fresh cranberries and the crunch of walnuts. Plus, the fresh cranberry glaze on top enhances the complex flavors.
Cranberry Banana Bread with Fresh Cranberry Glaze
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 medium) mashed bananas
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (measured; then chopped or pulsated through food processor)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease muffin tins or loaf pan.
Cream butter with an electric mixer. Gradually add sugar and bananas. Reduce speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda, salt, milk cranberries and walnuts. Evenly fill muffin cups or loaf pan.
Bake until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mini-muffins for 25 minutes
- 12-count muffin tin for 35 minutes
- 3-count small loaf pans for 40 minutes
- Large 9x5x3 inch loaf pan for 60 minutes
Fresh Cranberry Glaze
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of Fresh Cranberries; chopped or pulsated through food processor
- 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Combine all ingredients and spread over the top of loaf or muffins.
Store in an air-tight container. Sweet Stackers will separate moist mini muffins to prevent them from sticking together or ruin the glaze topping. The stackable trays also work great in the freezer! Visit sweetstackers.com for more information.